Friday, September 17, 2010

Middle Prong in Tremont Great Smoky Mountains National Park

This image was shot during the last Advance Photography field trip in Tremont. Exposure info: f-32 at 30 sec. ISO 200 lens 17mm. I needed to have every thing in focus so I chose the smallest lens opening possible. With this tiny lens opening I had to use a very slow shutter speed which caused the motion of the water to become smooth and almost fog like. A shutter speed of 1/30 or slower will show motion while extreme depth of field will is possible at f-32. I had to use a tripod because holding for 30 seconds and producing a sharp image is impossible. A good rule of thumb is your shutter speed should match your lens length in order to be able to hand hold your camera.

1 comment:

Randy Small said...

wow - that's gorgeous! I love the little pool in the foreground with the reflections of the trees.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google
 

Blog Archive