Friday, November 2, 2007

Jellyfish in the Mountains?

This is not the normal wildlife of the Southern Appalachian, but that is where I found these strange creatures. Before you call the University of Tennessee to report a new species in the mountains, I must confess I got this picture at Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg Tennessee. I set the camera at 400 ISO to take advantage of the existing light. When shooting through glass it is always better to avoid flash photography. Setting the camera on a higher ISO enabled me to set a fast enough shutter speed to stop the movement of the jellyfish. LynnFreeny.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

They are absolutely beautiful! Even though I've been stung by one of these buggers, they are none the less captivating.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google
 

Blog Archive