Thursday, October 4, 2007

Wedding on the Beach

To pose or not to pose? That seems to be the biggest question I am always asking myself when photographing people. Some of the best people photographers pose their subjects. Arnold Newman and Ed Westcott both heavily directed the positions of their subjects. When posing people you have to be careful or you will lose their real personality or even worse, make them look awkward and nervous. For this wedding image I did some light directing. After having my subjects face each other I waited on a natural reaction which is what you see. You have to remember most people are not actors or professional models so getting a natural pose is not easy. Also when shooting people always take lots of images so you have more to choose from and find a more natural pose or expression. LynnFreeny.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the most amazing couple I have ever seen photgraphed!!!

-Justin

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google
 

Blog Archive