Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Frost on a Window

I love the change of seasons. When someone asks what do I like about summer? I say "fall". And what do I like about fall? I say "winter". The change of seasons gives a photographer different opportunities to capture much more than someone living in the tropics. The Southern Appalachians have a more gentle change in seasons than the northeast or northwest. To me this makes the area seem more friendly when it comes to climate. This is one of the first frosts of fall on a window pane with the brilliant fall colors in the background. The key to making the frost standout is by using an f-stop of 2.8 to help produce shallow depth of field, and by positioning the camera at an angle that shows the sun's morning light reflecting off the frost. LynnFreeny.com

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google
 

Blog Archive